From Yongming Zhao <ming....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Updates to records.config (default) for v3.4.0
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 02:27:47 GMT
I'd like to know if we can set default enable on proxy.config.allocator.enable_reclaim, that
will show big help in memory control and also better performance due to the threading allocator
implement

is there anyone who benefit from it too?

在 2013-7-25,上午12:42,James Peach <jpeach@apache.org> 写道:

> On Jul 24, 2013, at 9:16 AM, Mark Harrison <mark@omniti.com> wrote:
>
>> 1) The various proxy.config.diags.output options to configure where logs go. The
defaults are sometimes not ideal and I'm always looking them up if I want to change them.

>> 2) I'm not sure there's anything that should be here, unless there are deprecated
items such as ssl.enabled that you actively want to discourage the use of.

>> 3) I usually make the following changes in my records.config. I'm not sure they would
make sense as defaults, but I'm mentioning them just in case they do:

>> proxy.config.http.insert_request_via_str INT 3
>> proxy.config.http.insert_response_via_str INT 3
>>
>> (for debugging purposes usually/making it easy for people to report issues with caching)
>>
>> proxy.config.http.server_ports STRING 80
>>
>> (if reverse proxy/remap_required is the default, then setting the port to 80 might
also be a sensible default)

>> I always manually set proxy.config.cache.ram_cache.size, but I'm not sure changing
the default makes sense here as it's a per-system value.

>> Possibly update the default SSL cipher suite to address recent-ish SSL attacks?
>
> Should proxy.config.ssl.server.honor_cipher_order then default to 1?
>

>> On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi all (particularly "users"),
>>
>> We'd like to get everyone's input on the records.config defaults and what variables
are in there, based on user experience. I.e.

>> 1. Are there configurations that you often use, which are not in the
>>   default records.config today?
>> 2. Are there configurations that are in records.config, that you feel are
>>   so esoteric that they don't deserve to be in the default config file?
>> 3. Are there values that you always change, and feel we ought to modify the
>>   defaults for?
>>

>> Please respond to this email asap, so that we can get any such changes in to the
records.config.default.in before v3.3.5. 1) and 2) are fairly straight forward to justify,
3) would have to be done with care (since it breaks old behavior).