From "Eagen, Dave" <David.Ea...@biworldwide.com>
Subject IRC disconnects
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 20:43:26 GMT
I recently upgraded to 3.3.0 from 3.1.4 and noticed that IRC clients were getting disconnected
and reconnecting every minute. I figured something as odd with 3.3.0 so I tried 3.2.0 and
got the same results. After going back to 3.1.4 IRC is working fine again.

Users also reported long-running web requests through the proxy timing out after 30 seconds
when typically they have to wait a few minutes and then get the response.

After installing I make the following changes to records.config:
Set CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.remap_required INT 0
Set CONFIG proxy.config.http.connect_ports STRING  *
I then set the cache size (50GB) and the ip_allow.config file.

Any idea what might be causing this disconnect? Is there some other setting that should be
changed for IRC clients?

This e-mail message is being sent solely for use by the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
 If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by phone or reply by e-mail,
delete the original message and destroy all copies. Thank you.