From Saraswathi Venkataraman <saraswathi.venkatara...@Xoriant.Com>
Subject RE: Configuring traffic server on transparent proxy mode.
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 05:10:39 GMT
Thank for your prompt reply. It was actually a firewall issue. The TS server was not configured
to accept packets on port 80. Once I removed the firewall settings, it started to work.

And as u mentioned, I don't think we would require that man rules in the ip rule list. I removed
the unnecessary ones.

Thanks & Regards
Saraswathi Venkataraman | Xoriant Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Winchester, Hiranandani Business Park, Powai, Mumbai 400076, INDIA.
Tel: +91 22 30511000 | Ext: 1113 | http://www.xoriant.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan M. Carroll [mailto:amc@network-geographics.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2012 8:31 AM
To: users@trafficserver.apache.org
Subject: Re: Configuring traffic server on transparent proxy mode.

Could you provide some information about what the end result you are looking for? E.g. where
are the clients, where are the origin servers / internet, which network paths should be transparent?

Unfortunately I am on vacation this week and so will not be particularly responsive.

My first comment would be that I have had not much success with using "socket" in my iptables
rules. I think --sport 80 is better. One problem is that SYN/ACK may not be considered on
a socket because it has not yet been established.

You seem to have a lot of rules in your ip rule list - why check for the all the interfaces
if you are also just checking on the firewall mark?

> This is the ifconfig for our machine. We are trying to configure tproxy again on our
machine.