From David Carlin <dcar...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: syn flooding
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 19:54:59 GMT
Bryan call recently fixed this in 3.1.4:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-1211

You need to increase proxy.config.net<http://proxy.config.net>.listen_backlog in records.config
and also the sysctl value net.ipv4.tcp_max_syn_backlog - I am using 16384<tel:16384>.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

-----Original message-----
From: Saraswathi Venkataraman <saraswathi.venkataraman@Xoriant.Com>
To: "users@trafficserver.apache.org" <users@trafficserver.apache.org>
Cc: "dev@trafficserver.apache.org" <dev@trafficserver.apache.org>
Sent: Wed, Jun 6, 2012 11:11:06 GMT+00:00
Subject: syn flooding

I have configured my TS as forward transparent proxy. I generate requests to the TS server
and measure the TPS with objects of different sizes from the webserver. For small objects,
say 2k objects, I get TPS as 12k with small ram cache, and as high as 50K with large ram cache.
However with typical and large objects(17k,1.1MB) the TPS I get for both is the same. And
when I run with the large cache, requests for typical and large objects I get kernel: possible
SYN flooding on port 80.
> Sending cookies. Error in /var/log/messages

Any idea how I can resolve this?

Thanks & Regards
Saraswathi Venkataraman | Xoriant Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Winchester, Hiranandani Business Park, Powai, Mumbai 400076, INDIA.
Tel: +91 22 30511000 | Ext: 1113 | http://www.xoriant.com