From Liam McCollum <liam.mccol...@openwave.com>
Subject Traffic Server DNS resolver
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 14:09:37 GMT
Hi

This query relates to the behaviour of the Traffic Server DNS resolver.  I'm looking for some
guidance on how the resolver selects an IPv4 or IPv6 address e.g. is it possible to configure
a preference for v4 or v6, is it possible to configure to use same family as the client connection?
This is related to some specific behaviour we'd like to introduce whereby the address family
of the server used matches that of the client e.g. if an IPv4 client is connecting the Traffic
Server,  the v4 address is preferred (even if an IPv6 address is available), similar for the
IPv6 case.

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks
Liam