From "Alvin Alexander Utomo" <al...@pesat.net.id>
Subject Re: [SUGGESTIONS] s/-unstable/-dev/ for 3.3.x release cycle
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 19:35:46 GMT
Good idea. +1 from me.

------Original Message------
From: Leif Hedstrom
To: dev@trafficserver.apache.org
To: 'users@trafficserver.apache.org'
ReplyTo: users@trafficserver.apache.org
Subject: [SUGGESTIONS] s/-unstable/-dev/ for 3.3.x release cycle
Sent: Jun 9, 2012 02:29

I'd like to suggest that starting with v3.3.0, we make our development
releases named e.g.

     trafficserver-3.3.0-dev

Any objections? The reason is that "unstable" has bad connotation in the
communities in general, and corporations in particular. And we really
want people to have the guts to try our dev releases, even though they
can sometimes be a bit risky.

-- Leif

This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by PSN Anti-Spam system for
presence of malicious code, vandals & computer viruses.

Regards,
  Alvin

Sent via BlackBerry®