From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Multiple Trafficserver Instances on one system
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 04:46:34 GMT
On 4/3/12 10:01 PM, Leif Hedstrom wrote:
> I am e-mailing the list due to an issue (or PEBKAC) I am experiencing
> when running several instances of Trafficserver on one system, under
> custom directories.
>
> No PEBKAC, not even an ID-10T issue. I think we simply don't support
> what you are trying to do :-/. We used to have some environment
> variables dealing with this, but as far as I can tell, it's all
> eliminated with code like

Poked around a little, it seems I'm wrong. We should indeed still honor
a TS_ROOT environment variable. Did you try setting that in the modified
script that you source? The TS_ROOT should override the "prefix" as
compiled.

Also, e.g.

     sudo TS_ROOT=/opt/foobar /opt/foobar/bin/traffic_cop

should work. (All I did was copy my entire install into /opt/foobar).

Ciao,

-- Leif