From Jan-Frode Myklebust <janfr...@tanso.net>
Subject Re: ATS on Amazon EC2 instance
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 08:45:11 GMT
On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 09:22:44AM +0100, Nick Kew wrote:
> I recollect that happening on Amazon.
>
> If you grep the script, you'll see it comes from a bunch of tests which set
> DISTRIB_ID, starting about line 44.  I used the easy workaround of
>
>  ln -s /etc/system-release /etc/redhat-release
>
> to satisfy the test (amazon linux is essentially redhat).

Just tested that this works on AMI:

	ln -s /etc/system-release /etc/redhat-release
	yum --enablerepo=epel install trafficserver
	service trafficserver start

Maybe if I should change the the EPEL package to work better on AMI..

Is there any better way to check for DISTRIB_ID on AMI than:

	test -f /etc/system-releases && grep -q ^Amazon /etc/system-releases

?

  -jf