From James Peach <jpe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HTTP Headers in a forward proxy
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 04:19:31 GMT
On 31/01/2012, at 8:13 PM, Alan M. Carroll wrote:

> I think you would need to write a plugin, but both of those should be easy to do. The
plugin would not be very complex (50-100 lines of code). A Type A plugin would be simpler
to implement.

Could the header_filter plugin do this?

<http://trafficserver.apache.org/docs/trunk/admin/plugins/header_filter/index.en.html>

> Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 6:09:17 PM, you wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to manipulate the HTTP Headers in Trafficserver configured to be a
forward proxy? My goal is to support the YouTube Education filter, which utilizes either A
or B below.

>> A)  Add new HTTP header rule
>> Modify your hardware filter or proxy server settings so that all outgoing traffic
to youtube.com contains the following custom HTTP header.
>> Example:
>> X-YouTube-Edu-Filter:ABCD1234567890abcdef
>
>> B)  Create URL parameter rewrite rule
>> If your hardware filter does not support HTTP header modification, please rewrite
all outgoing URLs to youtube.com by appending the parameter “edufilter” at the end. Exclude
the &edufilter parameter from these file types: .css, .gif, .png, .js, .xml