From Brian Geffon <bgef...@linkedin.com>
Subject Re: Homebrew formula for Traffic Server 3.0.2
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 06:51:12 GMT
Cool stuff Marc,
Has anyone considered packaging a .dmg as part of the release process? Or for that matter
rpms, etc.

Brian

On Feb 2, 2012, at 10:49 PM, "Marc Abramowitz" <msabramo@gmail.com<mailto:msabramo@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Yeah, homebrew has some magic for dealing with Apache mirrors:

$ ack 'closer\.cgi' /usr/local/Library/Homebrew
/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/download_strategy.rb
574:  when %r[^<http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi>http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi]
then CurlApacheMirrorDownloadStrategy

Marc

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 8:45 PM, James Peach <<mailto:jpeach@apache.org>jpeach@apache.org<mailto:jpeach@apache.org>>
wrote:
On 29/01/2012, at 10:47 AM, Marc Abramowitz wrote:

> Just a quick note that my pull request to add a Homebrew formula for Traffic Server 3.0.2
was just accepted.

> <https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/commit/ec7f5f6384c95ea7fd66f5d41135612b9f673491>
https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/commit/ec7f5f6384c95ea7fd66f5d41135612b9f673491

> So there's another easy way for folks on OS X to give Traffic Server a spin.

Nice!

When I download <http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/trafficserver/trafficserver-3.0.2.tar.bz2>
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/trafficserver/trafficserver-3.0.2.tar.bz2, I don't get
the tarball, I get the mirror listing web page. Does Homebrew do anything special do get the
tarball, or did something on the website change?