From Aaron Mueller ...@sic-software.com>
Subject Long Resting Requests
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 10:59:15 GMT
Hello!

I have a webserver with a timeout mechanism. If a user makes a request,
the response comes within a given timeout (120sec.). The response is a
normal 200 with content (JSON) or a 304 (not modified).

If I use this webserver with the TS in reverse proxy mode like this:

remap.config
map http://external.url.tld/ http://internal-ip:port/

This does not work. In my error log I see these lines:
20120224.11h51m20s CONNECT: could not connect to ... for
'http:internal-ip:port/path' (setting last failure time)
20120224.11h51m20s RESPONSE: sent ... status 504 (Connection Timed Out)
for 'http:internal-ip:port/path'

What can I do get the 304 from the origin server and not the timeout
from the TS? The timeout settings in the records.config are all higher
than the timeouts from the origin server.

Aaron