From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HTTP Headers in a forward proxy
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 14:56:32 GMT
On 2/1/12 7:28 AM, Alan M. Carroll wrote:
> I think it would be a good start, but the problem would be that he wanted this in a forward
proxy. He would have to set up remap rules to trigger the header filtering only on the appropriate
targets. I'm not sure if it would be simpler to tweak the plugin to check the URL or not.

Yeah. He could (as you said) create one (or a few) remap.config rules for
youtube (he has to make sure remap.config is not required, but enabled via
the reverse proxy config). E.g.

    map http://static.youtube.com  http://static.youtube.com
@plugin=header_filter.so @pparam=youtube.config

or some such. Also remember he could use regular expressions here (on the
host part). e.g.

    regex_map http://(.+)\.youtube\.(.+)  http://$1.youtube.$2
@plugin=header_filter.so

(or some such, I don't know what the various youtube URLs looks like).

Cheers,

-- Leif