From Brian Geffon <briangef...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commandline arguments
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 17:56:21 GMT
Hey Nick,
The way traffic_manager, traffic_cop and traffic_server work together is
that traffic_manager listens on all the ports and then passes a list of
file descriptors via the -A command line argument to traffic_server. This
is so if traffic_server dies the connections will not be rejected, instead
they are still accepted and then when a new instance of traffic_server
get's fired up the connections will then get served because the new
instance will just use epoll or whatever on the old list of file
descriptors. So with that I'm sure you can now understand why
traffic_server would probably be dieing if you try to do this manually,
you're giving it a bad list of file descriptors.

The -M command line argument is start traffic_server in management mode
(i'm not 100% of what that means).

Brian