From Igor Galić <i.ga...@brainsware.org>
Subject Re: Traffic server 3.0.1 crashes for low traffic generated using Apache Bench
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 17:47:14 GMT

----- Original Message -----
> Hello all,
>
> I am new to Apache traffic server and have downloaded the 3.0.1
> release on my machine.
> My machine details:
> Linux 2.6.32-71.29.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Jun 27 19:49:27 BST 2011
> x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> I did the quick install mentioned in INSTALL file
> ./configure
> make
> sudo make install
>
> I have an origin server (Apache webserver) on another machine. I have
> the traffic server and origin server on one subnet (192.168.10.xx);
> traffic server and client on another subnet (192.168.20.xx).
> I added following line to remap.config
> map http://192.168.20.108:8080/ http://192.168.10.110:80/
>
> After restarting traffic server, I am able to access the 6 different
> sized html files I created on origin server through Mozilla Firefox
> using URL
> http://192.168.20.108:8080/filexxx.html
>
> But when I use ApacheBench on client machine to generate a load for
> traffic server, the machine crashes randomly if I increase
> concurrency.
> Lowest concurrency at which machine crashed is:
> ab -n 10000 -c 20 http://192.168.20.108:8080/large1.html
> where large1.html is a 7.5 KB page on origin server
> c = 20 (concurrency level)
> n = 10000 (total no. of requests sent)
>
> Except remap.config, I have not changed any files.
>
> Is this a known bug? Or am I doing something incorrect?
> Any help on this matter is appreciated since I am stuck on this issue
> for a week, and tried reinstalling the traffic server once.

Huh? What bug?
I don't see a crash report, or a core dump :-/

Can you please recompile with --enable-debug and see how
that changes in that regard?

(Generally, see
  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Filing+useful+bug+reports
for how to fill useful bug reports)

n.b.: I'm releasing Traffic Server v3.0.2 tonight, if no one
objects during my dinner break.

You can get the tar balls here:

  http://people.apache.org/~igalic/releases/

> - Sid