From Igor Galić <i.ga...@brainsware.org>
Subject Re: ATS Stats Monitoring
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 21:40:03 GMT

----- Original Message -----

> Hi there. I’m curious what some of the service stats monitoring looks
> like in the wild. Our org uses manager applications that are good at
> using SNMP and NOT so good at logging in and running commands.

Logging in and running commands could be simplified with ssh-keys
You can give your monitoring user an ssh-key which only allows to
run a certain (number of) command(s).

> Any recommendations or processes that have worked for you in the
> past?

An alternative to this, is using the stats_over_http plugin
Which can be found here:
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/trafficserver/plugins/trunk/stats_over_http/

Something similar to documentation can be found here:
  http://trafficserver.staging.apache.org/docs/trunk/admin/plugins/stats_over_http/

Now I remember, I generated that "documentation" from the plugin's
README file... Someone with more clue should really offer a bit more
of an insight - if there is any to begin with :)

So long,

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org