From Igor Galić <i.ga...@brainsware.org>
Subject Re: Implement ATS Tproxy in current situation
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2011 07:45:44 GMT

----- Original Message -----
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to ATS, I'm running an ATS box for testing and feel amazing
> with the performance of ATS. So I'd like to setup an ATS in real
> network environment.
>
> Here is a simple image of my network:
> http://a9tm.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/lan.png
>
> It's in WORKGROUP network, the direction is R0 and R1 used to connect
> to branches (subnet of 10.0.0.0/8), R1 is default gateway then there
> are two routes: R0 for Local and R2 for Internet.
>
> The issue is in R2, it's multi-services router that supplies IPsec
> terminal, VoIP, DHCP server, ...
>
> I'd like to place an ATS Tproxy in front of R2 to monitor Internet
> traffic from LAN, include filtering ...

That box before R2 is not a router I suppose..?

> My current testing ATS server is working fine, but I'll have to
> re-configure proxy setting in everything PCs in the office. It's so
> crazy when I have hundred PCs. So, I'll have my own responsibiilities
> to make the users' web experiences smoothly and securely. I think
> you'll understand the situation.
>
> Now I hope you guru guys help me the ideas, or guides for my ATS
> configuration.

Why not put ATS *behind* R2, or rather in the DMZ, and route everything
that goes to port 80 and 443 through ATS? -- That's sort of the
definition of "transparent" proxy. It's transparent to the client
because you don't have to touch those.

> Thanks,
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Hai Nam, Nguyen

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org
GPG: 571B 8B8A FC97 266D BDA3  EF6F 43AD 80A4 5779 3257