From sridhar basam <...@basam.org>
Subject Re: Too small amount of Cache Hits
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 13:48:05 GMT
On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 6:59 AM, Nguyen Hai Nam <nam.nh@nd24.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm testing ATS works as forwarding proxy, after few hours, I found the
> number of Cache miss was too high:
>
> $ sudo ./traffic_logstats -s | grep Cache
> Cache hit                                 15      0.24%    243.13KB
>  0.21%
> Cache hit IMS                             10      0.16%      1.92KB
>  0.00%
> Cache hit refresh                        123      1.97%      8.48MB
>  7.42%
> Cache hit other                            0      0.00%      0.00KB
>  0.00%
> Cache hit total                          148      2.37%      8.72MB
>  7.62%
> Cache miss                             4,918     78.90%     77.91MB
> 68.13%
> Cache miss IMS                           829     13.30%    869.13KB
>  0.74%
> Cache miss refresh                        14      0.22%     32.70KB
>  0.03%
> Cache miss other                           0      0.00%      0.00KB
>  0.00%
> Cache miss total                       5,761     92.43%     78.79MB
> 68.90%

Do you know how much of these ~6000 requests are actually duplicate and
cachable? Run  sort and uniq on the request line to see what could be the
theoretical upper limit on any cache hit rates.

I am stating the obvious but if there aren't a whole lot of duplicate
incoming requests, you aren't going to see any benefit from the cache. At
first glance 5000 requests seems like a low number of requests to prime the
cache, unless you are benchmarking with a small url set, then i would look
at the headers for them.

 Sridhar