From "Henry C." <he...@cityweb.co.za>
Subject Re: ICP^2
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 06:43:29 GMT
On Tue, October 18, 2011 04:46, ming.zym@gmail.com wrote:
> if you are using ICP inside one local cluster, there is another good solution
> for content hashing storage, the powerfull Cluster:
> http://trafficserver.staging.apache.org/docs/trunk/admin/cluster-howto/index.
> en.html
>
> we have make some improvement in the Cluster performance in trunk, should be a
> good solution for local net clustering.

It looks like Cluster mode has an issue if the node where an object is cached
is down/offline.  I took one of my nodes offline (which had already cached a
test object) as a test and the other nodes then performed quite badly (ie,
took several seconds) - perhaps timing out? - before responding... and they
did this consistently without improving over time.  Only once the down node
was brought back up did things become snappy again.

I also noticed they did not re-cache the object but *always* went direct to
the origin.  Would this behaviour not be a problem if one of the nodes
crashed?  Should an existing node then not re-cache an object to ensure
optimal performance?

I'm currently using 3.0.1.  You mentioned trunk - where can I find what
improvements you've made to Cluster mode?

Thanks