From William Goedicke <bi...@brant-interactive.com>
Subject Novice: reverse proxy problem
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2011 14:33:26 GMT
Dear Y'all -

I have ATS running fine on one server, but not on the other.

We have a vanilla configuration except for a change to records.conf.  The entry on the working
instance is:

CONFIG proxy.config.proxy_name STRING crazy.brant-interactive.com

And the broken one is:

CONFIG proxy.config.proxy_name STRING lunatic.brant-interactive.com

Both machines have A records in DNS.

We also added records to remap.config.  The following is a sample from the working instance:

map_with_referer http://adam.brant-interactive.com http://adam.brant-interactive.com:8301
http://www.brant-interactive.com *

and on the broken instance:

map_with_referer http://billy.lunatic.brant-interactive.com http://billy.lunatic.brant-interactive.com:8141
http://www.brant-interactive.com *

billy.lunatic.brant-interactive.com is a cname to lunatic.brant-interactive.com, and adam.brant-interactive.com
is a cname to crazy.brant-interactive.com.

We also changed the following on both as per the comment:

   # To enable forward proxy, you must turn off remap_required
CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.remap_required INT 0

Some advice on debugging would be appreciated as well.

  - Billy

William Goedicke
President, Brant-Interactive LLC

email:      billy@brant-interactive.com