From "Henry C." <he...@cityweb.co.za>
Subject Re: Trying to understand caching inconsistency with dynamic URLs (or cookies)
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 08:49:42 GMT
Something else I forgot to mention:

While I was fooling around with trying to isolate what was happening, I found
that if I played around with the Vary header in apache's config:

<FilesMatch '\.(css|php|png)'>
  Header set Vary "User-Agent"
</FilesMatch>

...or unset, I don't recall exactly, then this would also help with the
situation and common objects would be served to all clients.  However, I ran
into a problem (the details of which I don't recall unfortunately) so ended up
not taking this approach.  I even considered hacking the ATS source to *force*
serving of cached objects to all clients irrespective of Vary headers, etc.

Anywho, I'm just documenting this nugget here in case someone else has the
same issue and is looking for things to explore.