From Karri Vrkreddy <kvrkre...@ymail.com>
Subject Suggestions for cachine dynamic content
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 18:38:14 GMT
Hi,
   We are using ATS as reverse proxy.
   In our use case most of the data is dynamic ( responses from the backend hosts ) and
need not be cached for more than 5-10 mins.

   We currently configured it to have a disk cache size of 10 GB and we left the proxy.config.cache.ram_cache.size
as -1. So that would give us a ram cache size of 10 MB.
    Here are my questions :

    1. Since the ram cache size is very small, does a TCP_HIT mean a disk access  ? ( this
is a 16 GB node and lots of free memory, so I mostly buffer cache plays a
        significant role )
    2. Given the nature of the data ( not required to cache for more than 10 min ), any
specific suggestions to make ATS more efficient ?
    3.  As far as I can understand from the documentation, it looks like only highly used
objects will go to Ram Cache. According to that in our use case only few will
         it there. Any tweaks or change in algorithms to move as much as possible to
Ram Cache.

    Please feel free to list out any specific suggestions for configuring YTS regarding
this particular use case.

--
Thanks very much for your time,
Karri