From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some ATS / Transparent issues
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 15:43:31 GMT
On 06/09/2011 09:26 AM, Steve Cole wrote:
> On June 8, 2011 03:58:32 PM Leif Hedstrom wrote:
>> On 06/08/2011 12:52 PM, Steve Cole wrote:
>>> Here's what I have... first and most simply, using --enable-tproxy fails
>>> with "TPROXY feature requires POSIX capabilities."  Using 2.1.9 sources.
>> Have you installed the appropriate posix cap libraries and include file
>> packages?
> Oddly, no.  I had to look up what package it was.

Yeah, I've seen some distros exclude it for some reason, not sure why. I
added instructions for Fedora and Ubuntu a while ago, on the Confluence
wiki:

     https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Fedora
     https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Ubuntu

> Working on it now, hopefully that will assist... however the L4 switch
> redirect question is what I'm most interested in... if this doesn't more or
> less just "plug in" then I'll have to either find a way or stick with the Squid
> setup.

I have no idea, this is something amc will have to take a look at. But,
as far as I know, the idea was to make tproxy works basically the same
as Squid does.

-- leif