From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Debugging ATS crashers with gdb
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 14:27:20 GMT
On 06/04/2011 02:28 PM, Leif Hedstrom wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> these questions pops up all the time, how to get a stack traces etc.
> from a crashing ATS installation. So, here are some quick tips .

One more tip for debugging with gdb, this one is suggested from John:

     (gdb) handle SIGPIPE nopass nostop noprint

You can also put this in your .gdbinit. For some reason, even though we
explicitly specify to ignore SIGPIPE,while running under gdb, it can
still cause write() to generate a SIGPIPE (when under normal operation,
it would be an EPIPE error). Therefore, it's important you do this, to
avoid a "false positive" in calls to write().

-- leif