From Moshe Kaplan <>
Subject ATS and PURGE
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 19:24:39 GMT

Another question regarding PURGE,
We want to support the following user case:

   1. Purge single file from the cache (each time another file).
   2. Do that immediately based on external event using external software.

When we used PURGE (using cURL) in order to invalidate an object we found
out the following behavior:

   1. GIF and JPG files were correctly invalidated (With 200 OK)
   2. HTML files were not invalidated (404)

When we investigated it, we founded out that probably it's due to the fact
ATS saves several variations of the HTML file based on Accept-Encoding and
We confirmed that by doing GET and PURGE using with cURL that results with
200, while browsing to the same page and then PURGE using cURL resulted with

Is there any option to PURGE the all versions of a given cached URL
regardless of its variations?

Thanks in advance,

View raw message