From Subbu Allamaraju <su...@subbu.org>
Subject Re: Question on TS running as a reverse proxy on port 80
Date Tue, 24 May 2011 23:45:00 GMT
Thanks. Newbie mistake.

Subbu

On May 24, 2011, at 3:35 PM, Leif Hedstrom wrote:

> On 05/24/2011 04:27 PM, Subbu Allamaraju wrote:
>> I'm trying to run TS on port 80 on Ubuntu as via
>>
>> sudo traffic_server start
>
> Hi Subbu :),
>
> first, traffic_server is not an RC script, it's actually the binary that will (eventually)
run. If you wish to use the RC script, it's

>   sudo trafficserver start
>

> The fact that you ran traffic_server might now have screwed up your permissions, since
it probably created some files owned by root, which needs to be owned by nobody or whatever
user you configured it to run as. The best way to fix that is to simply uninstall and reinstall
ATS again (nuke all remnants of /usr/local/var/trafficserver etc.).

> That much said, it should work to just run 'sudo traffic_server", so not sure why that
is failing. Perhaps it's the "start" argument, I'm not sure what we'd do with that ;).  Also,
what version of ATS are you trying to install?