From ChangCheng <ccai...@msn.com>
Subject RE: How TS find object from object database (cache).
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 17:08:20 GMT

Thanks, i will move this question to dev@...

Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 08:46:53 -0800
Subject: Re: How TS find object from object database (cache).
From: jplevyak@gmail.com
To: users@trafficserver.apache.org

Is this an user@ question or a dev@ question?  The user@ answer would be that it uses the
URL along withthe matching criteria as specified in the HTTP/1.1 specification (which is rather
elaborate and long).

If you want to know which code and data structures are involved we can talk over on dev@...
john
2011/3/11 常成 <ccaijay@msn.com>

Hi guys:
I'm glad to join this group, i'm currently a college senior student with a little extra bit
of time on my hands and wanted to get a little experience with TS.
Currently,I have accrued some basic knowledge through go through TS Administrator's Guide.For
now, there is a  problem i can't understand, How Ts find object from object database (cache)
? in page :http://trafficserver.apache.org/docs/v2/admin/http.htm , step2 : it mentioned Using
the object address, Traffic Server tries to locate the requested object in its object database
(cache).. but i am not very sure what is exctly object address, it is url or hash key for
url?
For example, if user request www.google.com , when the TS receive request, how it find this
page from database? what is key for ts check page from database? i really would like to konw
the details about how TS find o
 bject from cache.
Thanks