From Ben Snowden <bsnow...@ColdJet.com>
Subject RE: reverse_map not happening as expected
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 22:56:13 GMT
Haha. That's why I went into networking and not programming. I was successful in getting my
workaround going. Seems I had to completely restart ATS to get it to listen on an additional
port instead of just running traffic_line -x.

Thanks for confirming the bug,

Ben

From: Leif Hedstrom [mailto:zwoop@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 5:42 PM
To: users@trafficserver.apache.org
Cc: Ben Snowden
Subject: Re: reverse_map not happening as expected

On 03/01/2011 08:50 AM, Ben Snowden wrote:
I appear to be having the same problem getting our crystal reports server to work through
the reverse proxy. When a client posts the report, the crystal server sends a http 302 response
with the address of the generated report.

I have done packet capture on the client and it is receiving the http 302 with a location
that is not being translated. The report server runs on port 3334. The client receives a url
like http://external.domain.com:3334/... Even though I have reverse_map rule:

Reverse_map http://external.domain.com:3334/            http://external.domain.com/

Forward rule is:

Map http://external.domain.com/          http://internal.domain.com:3334/

I suspect this will work with v2.0.1, and perhaps v2.1.3. The problem is that I'm an idiot.

I'm looking at the issue now, hopefully a patch soon for trunk.

-- leif