From Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda <mlor...@uci.cu>
Subject Re: Successful stories with Apache Traffic Server
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2011 14:00:39 GMT
OK, thanks a lot Igor.
Well, to the tests now.

----- Mensaje original -----
De: "Igor Galić" <i.galic@brainsware.org>
Para: users@trafficserver.apache.org
Enviados: Sábado, 5 de Marzo 2011 5:44:59 (GMT-0500) Auto-Detected
Asunto: Re: Successful stories with Apache Traffic Server

> So, that's the main reason for my question:
> - Benefits of Apache Traffic Server for heavy load sites
> - Companies that are powered by Apache Traffic Server
> - Advanced Apache Traffic Configuration for this kind of sites
> - and any case of Apache Traffic customization

One of the companies running ATS, of course, is Yahoo!, for
kinds of purposes: http://developer.yahoo.com/blogs/ydn/posts/2010/10/yahoo-mail-beta/

Now to the other questions: I think major benefit of ATS
is that it delivers the promised performance out of the
box -- there's no need for "advanced" configuration tweaks
to get the same benchmark results as everyone else is
getting, all you need is the hardware. Once you need to
deliver more than 90K QPS, we'll talk :)

Finally, to customization: There's Plugins, you can write.
Despite the fact that Traffic Server is written in C++,
it has a clean C API, which can be used from pretty much
anything, i.e.: Python+ctypes (I wish I could find the
examples right now..). We're also working on integrating
Lua - whether as configuration language or as  programming
language or both remains to be seen.

> --
>  Marcos Luís Ortíz Valmaseda
>  Software Engineer
>  Centro de Tecnologías de Gestión de Datos (DATEC)
>  Universidad de las Ciencias Informáticas
>  http://uncubanitolinuxero.blogspot.com
>  http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcosluis2186

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org

--
Marcos Luís Ortíz Valmaseda
 Software Engineer
 Universidad de las Ciencias Informáticas
 Linux User # 418229