From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Newbie questions
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2011 07:03:44 GMT
On 02/23/2011 10:12 AM, Jorn Argelo wrote:
> Yes I sorta thought I was a bit vague on this one, but let me describe
> a more practical scenario:
>
> We have a typical setup, where www.example.com is used both internally
> and externally, and both internal and external are using the same
> squid installation to access the website. I guess this is a typical
> standard setup really, but just to make sure it's clear:
>
> (internet/internal) ->  squid -> apache
>
> Apache is responding on www.example.com, but DNS-wise www.example.com
> is pointing to squid internally and externally.
>
> So my question is: How would I achieve the same in ATS? Setting the
> pristine host header config is clear, but it is not clear to me how I
> achieve a similar setup in the remap.config:
>
> map http://www.example.com http://???????

Is Apache HTTPD running on the same host as Squid but on a different
port? Then the map rule would be e.g.

     map http://www.example.com http://localhost:8888

Somehow, you need to tell which host:port it should connect to, to be
able to reach the Apache HTTPD server. If port is not specified, it
defaults to :80 (for http).  Makes sense?

-- Leif