From Jorn Argelo <j...@wcborstel.com>
Subject Newbie questions
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 22:53:34 GMT
Dear all,

We are investigating a potential migration from Squid to ATS. On the
first look most of the stuff we use Squid for is available in ATS, but I
have a couple of questions about the remaps for a reversed proxy ATS:

1) The documentation states that the port in both URLs must be the same.
If I understand it well, this means I cannot connect to port 80 on ATS
and have, for example, port 50888 listening on my origin server and use
ATS to connect to the origin server. Is this correct? If it's not
correct, how would I put it in the remap.config?

2) Is there any way of splitting the remap.config in multiple files?
This for manageability of remaps and redirects.

3) Squid's cache peer construction allows direct connection to an origin
server using the host header provided by the client. And, based on the
acl, you can let Squid decide to what cache peer it needs to connect to
based on the Host header. How does this work with ATS? I understood from
the documentation that the remap.config is also used for reversed proxy
mode, but I still need to provide a target (internal) URL. In our
current setup the internal and public URL are the same so I don't think
this will work then? Since we have nothing to fill in as target URL.

4) I am still not sure what the use of the reversed_map is and when I am
supposed to use it, even though I read the documentation several times.
Can someone please clarify this?

I hope my questions are clear (please let me know if they are not!)

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,
Jorn