From 魏晋 <weilogs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: transparent proxy document problems
Date Fri, 31 Dec 2010 13:57:07 GMT
yes, the clients is attached to interface eth1 in router mode, and
the clients client can access origin server in bridge mode, with out
ebtables / iptables changes.
The two ebtables commands can indeed  intercept the packet/frame,  but
I am not sure whether the iptables commands work or not.

My router configuration:
      iptables -F
      iptables - t nat -F
      iptables –table nat –append POSTROUTING –out-interface eth0 -j MASQUERADE
      iptables –append FORWARD –in-interface eth1 -j ACCEPT
      echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
      .... # commands according to the "Inline in linux router" document

2010/12/30 Alan M. Carroll <amc@network-geographics.com>:
> Thursday, December 30, 2010, 3:44:00 AM, you wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your reply.
>> Yes, I set up the policy routing, according to the "Inline on Linux
>> bridge" document, but it did not work.  The way the "Inline on a Linux
>> router" document tells us did not work neither. The ats just can not
>> accept any request in transparent mode.
>
> Are you certain that the client is attached to interface eth1? The treatment of the client
side and origin server side interfaces is not symmetric.