From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ERR_CLIENT_ABORT
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2010 16:04:58 GMT
On 12/07/2010 08:10 AM, a@test123.ru wrote:
> More info.
>
> 1) Problem appears in both transparent and explicit proxy.
> 2) wget http://<VIDEOFILE>  works. Problem appears in Opera, Firefox, Windows and
Linux.
> 3) I tested video from youtube, seems like it works. However, video from vkontakte.ru
causes ERR_CLIENT_ABORT very often.
> 4) I tested squid and video works fine.
>
> My idea is - problem is socket between browser and ATS. I changed:
>
> CONFIG proxy.config.http.keep_alive_no_activity_timeout_in INT 0 # was 15
> CONFIG proxy.config.http.transaction_no_activity_timeout_in INT 0 # was 30
>
> Error gone. Video stable.
> Is it right change? May it cause other problems?

Heh, i was going to reply to your first email and suggest increasing
timeouts. Fwiw,  0 means no timeout. The first one doesn't make a whole
lot of sense, all that does is to let your browsers control KA timeouts
(which you might want, but I can't see how that affects this problem).
The second one however could cause problems, if the site burst highly
for some short amount of time, and then goes idle for a long time.

I wa also going to suggest increasing
proxy.config.http.transaction_active, which I've noticed causes problems
with youtube if set too low (the new default for that one is 900s, which
is 15 minutes). Setting any of these timeouts to 0 has its own risk
(abuse, bad clients etc.), it'd probably be better to jack them up high
enough that the problem goes away, but that you still have some sort of
timeout.

Curious to hear about your experiences (other than the timeouts) too. Is
Apache TS working as you expected so far? Any problems, concerns,
missing features, crashes etc.?

Cheers,

-- Leif