From Kingsley Foreman <kings...@internode.com.au>
Subject Questions before researching a move from squid
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2010 01:16:52 GMT
Hi Guys,

I've been using squid in a reverse proxy environment for some time now, and am pretty unimpressed
with its performance and lack of scalability and im looking at giving Traffic Server a bit
of a trial. But before I do that I need to know if it supports a couple of things because
if it doesn't then there is no point me testing. And yes some of these things are annoying
and silly but out of my control.

1. Large files i need the ability to cache files 8gb and up (it is for a remote edge server
and these happen every now and then).

2. range_offset_limit like setting, There is a client, that does 206 queries starting at byte
range 0 (and of course others), i need them to still cache.

3. ICP based on lowest latency

4. nice but not required would also be esi

I guess the question is is Traffic Server for me, and should I give it a decent trial?

Kingsley