From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Next stable release version number
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 14:42:27 GMT
  Hi all,

because of incompatibilities between the internal core (which has been
made 64-bit clean) and the plugin APIs, we will have to make a few
changes to the APIs that breaks API and ABI. It's been suggested that we
should also bump the next stable release to v3.0 for this reason. So,
I'll bring this to a vote amongst the devs and users, please cast your
votes within 72 hours.

     [] Next stable release should be v2.2 (as was planned before the
API changes)
     [] Next stable release should be v3.0.

I fully expect this next stable release to be done before the end of
this year.

-- leif