From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TS 2.0.1 and 2.1.3-unstable not for production environments?
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 23:57:53 GMT
  On 10/15/2010 06:23 AM, Sascha Klose wrote:

> TS 2.1.3-unstable
> -----------------
> I know, that this version is a developer-version (unstable), but
> because of the crashed of 2.0.1 I try this version.
> This version have a problem with 206-requests (Partial Content). It
> don't work with IE 8.0 for example. If click a download-url for a file
> in a website via IE 8.0, the IE 8.0 download a few KB's (something like
> 300 KByte)  immediately (with Code 200) and after you have choose the
> location for the file, IE try to get the last KB's with Code 206. This
> produce an error in IE (like can't download the file). Most of
> 206-requests are logs with 1 Byte in the logfile (which causes an
> error).

Hmmm, I'm not sure I understand how to reproduce this. Is there any
chance you can give us a step - by - step instruction how to setup the
server, and how to reproduce this from the IE8 browser? We'd need to know

1) Traffic server configurations (particularly any remap rules and
records.config changes you've made)

2) Is it forward / reverse proxy?

3) Any specific IE8 or Windows settings that are done?

4) Anything else you can think of?

Then of course, how to actually trigger the problem from the browser.
Getting this to reproduce gives us a much easier path towards isolating
which change since v2.0.1 causes this problem.

Thanks!

-- leif