From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: webui for monitoring/graphing
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 22:18:07 GMT
  On 10/06/2010 04:01 PM, Pranav Desai wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I believe webui isn't supported any more. So I was wondering if anyone
> have any thoughts on the best way to collect stats for graphing
> purposes.
>
> I will be using collectd (http://collectd.org/) and I would like to
> get the stats every few secs, so is the traffic_line or traffic_shell
> the best to collect stats efficiently? Or is there any other more
> efficient method to get stats at a high rate.

Take a look at the Perl .pm module in the "contrib" directory, it would
be a bit more efficient than forking traffic_line for every stat you
want to retrieve. I've put a little example script that I put together
for monitoring a TS server using the CloudKick services, it's available at

     ftp://ftp.ogre.com/pub/TS/ts-cloudkick.pl

Also, remember that stats are only collected from the worker threads
periodically, so it's probably pointless to collect stats more often
than every 5 seconds or so.

Cheers,

-- Leif