From Pranav Desai <pranavade...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: errors and shutdown message in 2.1.2 under load
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 20:45:48 GMT
On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:
>  On 09/16/2010 01:26 PM, Pranav Desai wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I am running a load test with some video files to see . I am using
>> curl-loader to generate the load. I have modified it to add a random
>> number to the URLs before sending so I can test with a single URL and
>> still stress the cache. The webserver is a lighttpd server with
>> rewrite rules to translate the random strings back to a common URL.
>> The URL is essentially a 15MB video file. I can provide more details
>> on the setup if needed.
>
> Ok, I've created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-441   with this
> information. If you can find a core file (or, run traffic_server under gdb),
> and get a stack trace, that would be very helpful. Also, when it crashes,
> you might get a stack trace in /var/log/messages and/or one of the log files
> in the .../var/log/trafficserver  directory.

Will do that.

Is there an architecture diagram or doc some where that briefly
describes how the system works especially in terms of the roles of the
processes like traffic_manager and traffic_server and how they
interact, communicate. How the threads get the request, who runs the
event loop etc. Even a general block diagram would work for me. It
will of great help in understanding the system.

Thanks
-- Pranav