From Greg Smolyn <greg.smo...@strangeloopnetworks.com>
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 19:52:19 GMT
Hi,
we've decided to use traffic server as a cache for a background process that does a bunch
of fetching.  Admittedly we're doing something a bit non standard, but we're having troubles
trying to configure the system such that it doesn't modify host headers on us.

Here's the scenario:
- trafficserver is listening on 127.0.0.1:8080
- we have a number of local VIPs on our machine that we use as aliases for real backend servers,
so, if we want to fetch http://www.foo.com/test.jpg, we would go through it's VIP at, say,
10.0.1.1

What happens with trafficserver in the mix is:
- we open TCP connection to 127.0.0.1:8080 and does a GET http://10.0.1.1/test.jpg with Host:
www.foo.com
- trafficserver then requests on 10.0.1.1 a GET /test.jpg, with Host: 10.0.1.1

What we really need is the original Host header in the proxied request.

We've tried turning on proxy.config.url_remap.pristine_host_hdr (setting it to 1), however
this does nothing.

Any suggestions? Or are we going to have to write a plugin?  And if so, which is a good plugin
sample to start from?

Thanks!

-greg