From "Zeller, Jan (ID)" <jan.zel...@id.unibe.ch>
Subject trying to inspect the cache
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2010 09:13:16 GMT
dear TS,

well I would like to have a look at my cache but I am not able to.
I followed the instructions on http://trafficserver.apache.org/docs/v2/admin/cache.htm#InspectingCache
but in vain. It simply does not work.
I also read the posting on http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/trafficserver-users/201007.mbox/browser
but still no luck.

the steps I did are :

1.) CONFIG proxy.config.http_ui_enabled INT 1 in records.config
2.) traffic_line -x
3.) in Firefox/3.5.9 (which is configured to use http://myts:8888 as proxy) I've entered http://{cache}
-->
"Firefox can't find the server at www.{cache}.com."

I also try without proxy settings. In vain.

I intentially omit

"To access the cache inspector in reverse proxy mode, you must add a remap rule to remap.config
to expose the URL.
For example:
map http://yourhost.com/myCI http://{cache} @action=allow @src_ip=corp_internal_address"

because I do not use the cache inspector in reverse proxy mode. Should I ?

My cache seems to be enabled (just using the default setting)

$ ls -lh var/trafficserver/cache.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody nogroup 140M 2010-07-28 10:33 var/trafficserver/cache.db

What am I doing wrong ? (using trafficserver-2.1.1-unstable)

---

Jan