From Rob Maidment <Rob.Maidm...@clearswift.com>
Subject why does cache hit rate tail off?
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 13:27:07 GMT
Hello

I'm measuring trafficserver performance using the web polygraph tool:
http://www.web-polygraph.org/

Performance is generally impressive, but I'm trying to understand the strange results I'm
seeing for cache hit rate.  The test is a short duration (20 minutes) and initially the hit
rate measured by polygraph exactly matches the expected (offered) rate.  However 3 minutes
into the test the hit rate starts to drop below the expected rate and continues to tail off
for the duration of the test.  Can anyone explain why this might be?

I'm testing on a 1 Gbps network - does trafficserver somehow work out it's quicker to get

regards
Rob

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are strictly confidential, may be privileged
and are intended only for use by the addressee unless otherwise indicated.  If you are not
the intended recipient any use, dissemination, printing or copying is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it immediately
and contact the sender as soon as possible.  Clearswift cannot be held liable for delays in
receipt of an email or any errors in its content. Clearswift accepts no responsibility once
an e-mail and any attachments leave us. Unless expressly stated, opinions in this message
are those of the individual sender and not of Clearswift.

This email message has been inspected by Clearswift for inappropriate content and security
threats.

To find out more about Clearswift’s solutions please visit www.clearswift.com