From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: trying to inspect the cache
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2010 16:25:40 GMT
  On 07/28/2010 03:13 AM, Zeller, Jan (ID) wrote:
> dear TS,
>
> well I would like to have a look at my cache but I am not able to.
> I followed the instructions on http://trafficserver.apache.org/docs/v2/admin/cache.htm#InspectingCache
but in vain. It simply does not work.
> I also read the posting on http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/trafficserver-users/201007.mbox/browser
but still no luck.

> the steps I did are :
>
> 1.) CONFIG proxy.config.http_ui_enabled INT 1 in records.config
> 2.) traffic_line -x
> 3.) in Firefox/3.5.9 (which is configured to use http://myts:8888 as proxy) I've entered
http://{cache} -->
> "Firefox can't find the server at www.{cache}.com."
>
> I also try without proxy settings. In vain.

Yeah, "modern" proxies don't allow that. We need to update the docs for
this, Cc:ing Miles and Diane so that we can file a ticket for this.
(Update: it'd help if I did indeed add the Cc:s here, so resending the
email, sorry about that).

In order to use the cache inspector, we added support so that you can
use it in a reverse proxy mode, using a map rule like

map http://myts:8888/cache_inspector/   http://{cache}

The LHS URL, path etc. doesn't matter, but is what you will use to
access the cache inspector. Note that this could potentially be
dangerous, since anyone could now access the inspector.

-- Leif