From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: no manual for traffic_shell?
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2010 15:12:32 GMT
  On 07/28/2010 03:16 AM, Zeller, Jan (ID) wrote:
>> the command "man traffic_shell" returns "No manual entry for traffic_line".
>> i compile ats 2.0 and trunk in ubuntu 8.10 and centos 5.5, both have no manual.
>> i want to look up some commands in traffic shell, such as
>>   % show:cache-stats
>> ERROR: Invalid parameter specified.
>> Check parameters for correct syntax and type.
> oops I have nearly the same problem :
>
> trafficserver-2.1.1-unstable/bin# ./traffic_shell
> Successfully Initialized MgmtAPI in /opt/trafficserver-2.1.1-unstable/var/trafficserver
> % man traffic_shell
> No manual entry for traffic_shell
> child process exited abnormally
> %

Hmmm, there is one with the "source" at least, but we don't seem to
"install" them on installation. If someone would file a ticket for it,
we could probably make sure to "make install" those man pages too  :).

That much said, the man page seems very spartan, maybe there's something
better in the official docs? See the docs on
http://trafficserver.apache.org/ .

Cheers,

-- leif