From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ProxyRemote ?
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2010 15:21:17 GMT
  On 07/26/2010 09:09 AM, Zeller, Jan (ID) wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I need to know if there is a parametre like 'ProxyRemote' (http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxyremote)
>
> The reason is that I need to forward traffic to another http proxy which maintains an
url filter list.
> I already keep an eye on http://trafficserver.apache.org/docs/v2/admin/reverse.htm#RedirectingHTTPRequests
> but I was not able to forward traffic to the other box.

Not sure I understand. Is the problem that you want to do the filtering
using ATS, or that you can't forward requests from ATS to another box?
If it's the latter, it depends a little bit in how you have ATS
configured. In the easiest setup, you can use remap.config to forward
the request to appropriate destinations (or use "map /" to map everything).

Now, I suspect what you are looking for is the parent proxy configs
(http://trafficserver.apache.org/docs/v2/admin/hier.htm). Now, I don't
know if anyone has tested this recently, so no promises if/how it works.
Give it a shot though, and let us know how it works :). Caveat: ICP is
known to be broken, we'll need to fix that.

-- leif