From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: help with ats plugins: logging, segfaults and malformed content
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 01:18:23 GMT
On 07/15/2010 06:31 PM, Jason Wieland wrote:
> Hello group,  I'm running an up to date (Revision: 964088) of ATS on
> 64bit ubuntu using the official ec2 images as a forward proxy.
>
> I'm now attempting to write a plugin that will inject a line of html
> into the body of the response content for every request the proxy
> serves.  ATS is supplied with a bunch of example plugins that give me
> a great starting point but I'm having a couple problems.
>
> 1. I can't seem to get the ' INKDebug("debug-hello", "Hello
> World!\n");' as log by the hello.so plugin into either stdout or into
> syslog.  I added the following options to records.config, but still no
> log messages

You'd want to trace with "debug-hello", e.g. using traffic_server from
command line, run it with -T "debug-hello". That would produce those on
STDOUT. If enabling diagnostics via records.config, and starting the
normal way, I believe the output should end up in traffic.out. E.g.

CONFIG proxy.config.diags.debug.enabled INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.diags.debug.tags STRING debug-hello

> 2. I compiled and successfully loaded in hello.so example plugin.
>  However when I load in the null-transform.so plugin I get
> Segmentation faults after about 3-4 requests:
>
> root@ip-10-251-163-xxx:/usr/local# ./bin/traffic_server
> [TrafficServer] using root directory '/usr/local'
> [Jul 15 23:44:52.866] {140596841482000} STATUS: opened
> /usr/local/var/log/trafficserver/diags.log
> NOTE: Traffic Server received Sig 11: Segmentation fault
> ./bin/traffic_server - STACK TRACE:
> Segmentation fault

I'd have to try this myself, unless you can provide a stack trace
(and/or file a bug). I'm ooffice until next week though.

Cheers,

-- leif