From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cache problems
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2010 20:02:55 GMT
On 07/12/2010 12:09 PM, Patrick McManus wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-07-12 at 08:15 -0600, Leif Hedstrom wrote:
>
>>   I'd expect Apache to turn a response with no CL: header
>> into a TE: chunked response, no? Without either of these headers, what
>> type of transfer encoding is Apache returning?
>>
> presumably it is relying on connection close, which is what you would
> expect of a dynamic response to a 1.0 request. Perhaps TS is configured
> to send 1.0?

The default is to send HTTP/1.1, but that is a good question. Do you see
anything via either the -T tracing option, or tcpdump'ing? The setting
for this is

     CONFIG proxy.config.http.send_http11_requests INT 1

However, the original email showed a response from the Apache HTTPD with
an HTTP/1.1 response, without a "Connection: close", right?

> I can certainly see TS not wanting to cache a response without a better
> delimiter though - it is impossible to know if there was a server error
> or not.

I'm *think* that is the case, but I can't figure out how to get my
Apache HTTPD to send responses without a TE: chunked, Content-Length: or
Connection:close  header. It seems to magically do the "right thing" for
the different requests I'm testing.

-- Leif