From Patrick McManus <mcma...@ducksong.com>
Subject Re: Cache problems
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2010 18:09:23 GMT
On Mon, 2010-07-12 at 08:15 -0600, Leif Hedstrom wrote:
>  I'd expect Apache to turn a response with no CL: header
> into a TE: chunked response, no? Without either of these headers, what
> type of transfer encoding is Apache returning?

presumably it is relying on connection close, which is what you would
expect of a dynamic response to a 1.0 request. Perhaps TS is configured
to send 1.0?

nph instead of cgi is also one way apache will generally terminate with
close.. there are probably others.

I can certainly see TS not wanting to cache a response without a better
delimiter though - it is impossible to know if there was a server error
or not.