From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: reverse proxy configuration
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 17:15:47 GMT
On 04/27/2010 10:54 AM, Rakesh Aggarwal wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> I am trying to configure a reverse proxy using the TS Admin's Guide.
>
> The /usr/local/etc/trafficserver/records.config file already had the reverse_proxy enabled.
I added the
> following entry to /usr/local/etc/trafficserver/remap.config file :
>
> reverse_map  http://localhost:9999/  http://localhost:8080/

You most likely want "map" and not "reverse_map". The "reverse_map"
rules are for handling things like reversing 302 redirect URLs generated
from the Origin, so that they point back through the proxy again.

Assuming your "origin" is on 9999, the rule should be

     map http://localhost:8080/  http://localhost:9999/

(you might still want that reverse_map rule as well, to handle rewriting
any Location: headers in responses from the origin).

I hope this helps.

-- Leif