From Rusty Conover <>
Subject Re: Basic Questions
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 15:02:05 GMT
Hi Guys,

First thanks for all of your help.

On Nov 3, 2009, at 12:44 AM, Leif Hedstrom wrote:

> On Nov 2, 2009, at 9:43 PM, Rusty Conover wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm trying to get traffic server up and running for some testing.
>> I have a few questions:
>> 1. Is traffic_manager supposed to work?  There doesn't appear to be
>> any real way to know which script should start the whole collection
>> of programs.  Maybe I'm just missing it.

Okay I'll just ignore it for now.

> You want to play with the traffic_server binary. There is an help
> page for it if you run it with --help. The "best" option for
> debugging / testing is -T. E.g. to show all tracer messages related
> to http, you can run it with
>     /usr/local/bin/traffic_server -T http.*
> (the argument is a regex).

This works great.  I'm getting some responses, from the traffic_server
and plan to just go on from here.

One thing, it doesn't appear that the Content-Type header is being
properly set on the body_factory responses.  But I'll look into it.

Is there a way to set a negative regexp for debugging, ideally I don't
need to see all of the epoll and iocore lines.

Rusty Conover
InfoGears Inc / /

View raw message