From ios firefox <firefox...@gmail.com>
Subject glibc-devel required?
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 11:38:13 GMT
Hi, everyone,
    I am trying to use traffic server, but when I execute the command
"./configure", something happens as follows:
checking for regcomp in -lregex-3.6... no
checking for exc_capture_context in -lexc... no
checking for MLD_demangle_string in -lmld... no
checking for crypt in -lcrypt... no
checking for dlopen in -ldl... no
checking for XML_SetUserData in -lxml... no
checking for socket in -lsocket... no
checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... no
checking for res_init in -lresolv... no
checking for __putlong in -lresolv... no
checking for pthread_exit in -lpthread... no
checking for clock_gettime in -lrt... no
checking for clock_gettime in -lposix4... no
checking for gnu_get_libc_version... no
configure: error: check for glibc failed. Have you installed glibc-devel?

    and I found something in the README:
3. REQUIREMENTS
  Fedora 11:
    gcc-c++
    glibc-devel.i586
    db4-devel.i586
    openssl-devel.i586
    tcl-devel.i586
    expat-devel.i586

    I already have gcc & glibc on my system, and my system is Red Hat
Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 3)

    Does it mean I must install all the rpm above?

    I am not root user, how can i install traffic server in this situation,
just from source code, without all the rpm?