From "Adam Faris" <>
Subject RE: glibc-devel required?
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 17:17:36 GMT

These packages are listed as requirements as they contain items needed
to build TS from source.  An alternate solution would be to install
VMware server on your laptop/desktop and install Fedora 11 as a virtual
machine, which will give you root.   Using a VM is probably better then
tracking down the source dependencies by hand and wondering if you have
the same version as the listed RPMs.

-- Good luck, Adam

From: ios firefox []
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 3:38 AM
Subject: glibc-devel required?

Hi, everyone,

    I am trying to use traffic server, but when I execute the command
"./configure", something happens as follows:

checking for regcomp in -lregex-3.6... no
checking for exc_capture_context in -lexc... no
checking for MLD_demangle_string in -lmld... no
checking for crypt in -lcrypt... no
checking for dlopen in -ldl... no
checking for XML_SetUserData in -lxml... no
checking for socket in -lsocket... no
checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... no
checking for res_init in -lresolv... no
checking for __putlong in -lresolv... no
checking for pthread_exit in -lpthread... no
checking for clock_gettime in -lrt... no
checking for clock_gettime in -lposix4... no
checking for gnu_get_libc_version... no
configure: error: check for glibc failed. Have you installed

    and I found something in the README:

  Fedora 11:

    I already have gcc & glibc on my system, and my system is Red Hat
Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 3)

    Does it mean I must install all the rpm above?

    I am not root user, how can i install traffic server in this
situation, just from source code, without all the rpm?

View raw message